FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop PS4 video settings??

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Carr
Photoshop PS4 video settings??
on Oct 15, 2009 at 2:09:13 pm

My first post here and I hope it won't be too long...

I'm a photographer and have been working with Photoshop for years now. I'm starting to do a little video, shooting stuff that will be shown on computer screens, intranets or on the web. Perhaps some looped playback on large monitors in public spaces. Nothing intended for broadcast.
I've been learning with Final Cut Pro and trying to grade my video with Color but the problem is that you really need a broadcast monitor to work accurately. My results were erratic and not particularly satisfactory, not helped by all sorts of gamma shift issues related to QuickTime.
So,I thought,why not use Photoshop to do my grading, especially as I'm familiar with the approach from my photographic work?
My monitors are calibrated to 2.2 gamma, 6500°K at the moment and I'm wondering what my colour settings in PS4 should be to work with video for the uses I mentioned above: do I use the web / internet set up in preferences? What should the "proof" setting be ? Is my monitor profile OK ?
I also wonder how video is colour managed (if it is at all) in PS CS4?
I hope you can help me because I'm having great difficulty finding reliable sources of information.
Many thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photoshop PS4 video settings??
on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:28:03 am

No matter which tool you choose... you need a broadcast monitor to accurately grade color.

If you are looking for resources... try the book Photoshop for Video and the Cow podcast of the same name.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]