FORUMS: list search recent posts

White border added in Bridge when creating PDF

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Flynn
White border added in Bridge when creating PDF
on Oct 9, 2009 at 3:22:53 pm

Hi folks,

I've recently started doing a lot of print design work for my company in Photoshop, and my usual delivery method is PDF. I learned how to create PDFs in Bridge CS4 by selecting my pages in sequence and using the Output command, but every time I export a PDF, the result will have been scaled down to form a 1/4" white border around each page.

I tend to create my page layouts with full-bleed design elements, so I really need to find a way to get a PDF that obeys my PSD image size settings.

Those settings, meanwhile, are generally US Letter, 8.5" x 11", at 300ppi.

Any ideas on this? It's not super pressing at the moment but I'd really like to find a solution before more print projects come down the pipe. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Art Doerge
Re: White border added in Bridge when creating PDF
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:31:25 pm

Hi Jared,

Read the following thread that was posted on the Adobe forum last February. Would appreciate knowing if it turns out to be helpful.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/309991

Return to posts index

Jared Flynn
on Oct 9, 2009 at 4:58:19 pm

Hi there Art,

Thanks for the quick reply. I read through that thread and tried installing the Output Module update (which seemed to do the trick for that user) but it looks like I was already up to date.

HOWEVER, following the other advice in that thread-- checking the dang settings over-- I realized that under the Layout rollout in the Output Module, I was somehow working with 0.17" margins on all sides of my document. So I set those to 0, and Bridge is no longer scaling my images!

Thanks again. :)

Return to posts index

Art Doerge
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:01:09 pm

Jared.

Glad you got the problem solved and thanks so much for reporting back to let us know what solved it. That information might help us help others in the future!

Art

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]