FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overlaying a PSD from Photoshop over video!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bandy
Overlaying a PSD from Photoshop over video!
on Oct 5, 2009 at 7:40:19 pm

I have a video shot where a man in the audience gets up and walks away. In the past with CS3 I have been able to export a frame of video, import that frame into Photoshop and create a still of the man who stood up (but it would be a still of him sitting down). Then I would delete the rest of the image in Photoshop, save as a psd and bring the psd back into premiere. I would put the psd over the shot of the man standing and cover up his movement while the rest of the shot plays normally.

I tried doing this in cs4 the other day and when I brought the psd back into premiere the color didn’t quite match the video so I applied a color correction to the psd. It applied the color correction to the psd layer of the man and the video on the video layer below it. I don’t want to change the color on my video and only want to change the color on my psd to match the video.

I have to know how to do this now! How do I fix this?

Return to posts index

Joe Bandy
Re: Overlaying a PSD from Photoshop over video!
on Oct 6, 2009 at 10:20:15 pm

Problem solved. We found out that we were only experiencing this problem on Matrox Sequences but it is easy to fix. You have to select the sequence you are working on the go to:
Sequence> Sequence settings> Playback settings> then we changed the video Luma level from Post Production to Broadcast.
Then the Tiffs we made from the timeline matched the video when exported from Photoshop as PSDs looked great.
Thank Matrox for the solution and everyone else for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]