FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't open multiple images in Photoshop CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david Cabestany
Can't open multiple images in Photoshop CS4
on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:39:56 pm

I'm having trouble when attempting to open several images at the same time in Photoshop, in the past when I dragged them altogether to the Photoshop icon they would open sequentially, but for some reason now it's only opening one of them, and I have to drag the whole bunch again to open the next one and so on. I recently updated to Snow Leopard and I think that the issue might be related, any suggestions?

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

Art Doerge
Re: Can't open multiple images in Photoshop CS4
on Oct 3, 2009 at 4:46:43 am

It's a bug in Snow Leopard, read this post on the Adobe forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/497034?tstart=0

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
on Oct 3, 2009 at 3:44:00 pm

Hello art, thanks for your reply.

What you mention makes sense to me, SL has been reported to be still very buggy. I should have listened when somebody told me wait till several patches have been released, anyway, too late now.

However, I'd like to share this "solution" that I found in some forum that addresses this very issue.

I went to preferences>interface and in the Panels & Documents section I unchecked everything but Auto-show hidden panels and Remember panel locations, then I quitted Photoshop, I launched it again and tested it, all the mages I dragged opened at once. I checked back Auto-Collapse iconic panels, since it's an option I find very useful and quitted again, when I launched back everything was working.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

Art Doerge
on Oct 3, 2009 at 4:39:55 pm

Hi David,

Wow, that's great; thanks for sharing that solution! We'll be able to use that information to help others that might report the same problem. If I understand you correctly, you now have everything in the Panels & Documents section checked except "Open Documents as Tabs" and "Enable Floating Document Window Docking". So the problem is caused by one of those two; it would be nice to know which one :-)

David, would you please try to determine which of the two (Open Documents as Tabs or Enable Floating Document Window Docking) is actually causing the problem, and let us know? That would be very much appreciated and helpful to others that may be experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

adam dowling
on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:56:30 pm

hi, im sorry to be a pest, but i have the same problem, however i cant find the panels and documents section in preferences.interface.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]