FORUMS: list search recent posts

drawing with masks

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby McGee
drawing with masks
on Sep 30, 2009 at 10:27:40 pm

Ok, so I have a stupid question and I'm sure that someone has asked this question before but I can't find the answer. This should be very easy but I can't figure it out!!!

I want to draw a light bulb with vector masks but I'm having a hell of a time. I want to draw the light bulb using a mask then I would like to place a stroke on it. The problem is that I don't know how to change the thickness of the stroke. Also the stroke isn't really on the mask but rather on the layer that I'm on at the time and it leaves a stamp of sorts onto the layer.

It would be nice to move the mask around with the stroke applied to it. And set the thinkness... Any help with this would be really really really appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Art Doerge
Re: drawing with masks
on Oct 1, 2009 at 5:06:50 am

Hi Bobby,

A path is not really an actual object or thing, it's just a mathematical description of a thing. You see a path as a thin line, but remember that it's just an idea, not an actual line. You can't apply a stroke to a mathematical description :-) So, the stroke won't be on your mask, it will be applied to the active layer.

The thickness of the stroke is controlled by your brush size setting. Before clicking the "Stroke path with brush" button (on the Paths palette) the Brush Tool must be selected and the thickness of the stroke will depend on the brush size setting on the option bar.

Hope this is helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]