FORUMS: list search recent posts

Centre Imported Text.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter pop
Centre Imported Text.
on Sep 24, 2009 at 10:02:31 am

Hi,

I am importing a few thousand lines of text via variable/datasets from a csv on cs4.

This text varies in length from a few lines long up to almost a dozen.

The import is working fine, however is there any way of centering the text vertically with the text paragraph box upon import?

I really dont want to have to go through every exported psd and manually reposition.

Any Idea?

Cheers
P.Pop

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Centre Imported Text.
on Oct 3, 2009 at 1:01:52 am

If you are importing them into Photoshop with the intention to keep them editable your file will soon become unmanageable, text is the biggest Photoshop enemy and will eat up your RAM super fast.

You can do several things, make sure the text is perfect and no typos are present, basically, that it won't have to be edited anymore. Then import each line as a rendered object and in a separate layer, after you are done select all the layers and use the align command, that will center them according to the exact size of the overall box formed by selecting all the layers.

the second option would be to manage all text in Illustrator, (which will also have degrade performance with excessive text) and then export to psd, either with the text still editable or rasterized, your choice.

Finally, you can edit all your text in Indesign, super fast and simple, since the program is designed to work with huge loads of text and then export a pdf file, that file can be opened in photoshop and continue to be further treated in there.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

peter pop
Re: Centre Imported Text.
on Oct 3, 2009 at 1:42:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

In the end I split the psd's up into folders according to their content (i.e. 1 folder for 3 lines, one for 5 etc) and made a set of actions for each instance then batched them all.

I needed the text to be an editable layer on each psd.

Cheers
PP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]