FORUMS: list search recent posts

animating 3D model

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariane Fisher
animating 3D model
on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:54:21 pm

I created a model of a film projector in Sketchup. I then brought it into CS4 extended, applied a texture and our logo, animated it, exported a movie, brought it into Motion and incorporated into our corporate open. Got the project just about complete, when I was asked if I could "just" make the film reels rotate independently.

Now here comes the Photoshop question. I was able to render individual models of the film reels and projector without reels. But I'm banging my head on the wall with how to making the reels rotate about the z-axis and then merge them with the projector to rotate the whole thing. I think I'm missing some basic step about positioning the reels in z-space, because when I click on the slide tool to move the reels back in space they only move side to side. I can post the animation of the prior version so you can see what it looked like before I messed with it, if you'd like.

I'm using CS4 extended, MacPro Nehalem, 8GB RAM, Leopard 10.5.7 if any of that info helps. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]