FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported Photo Resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bark
Imported Photo Resolution
on Sep 19, 2009 at 5:35:00 am

I'm not sure if this is a setting in my camera, or if I can change this in Photoshop preferences.

I import my photos into Aperture, then generally drag them to the desktop and open them in Photoshop. When I open them in Photoshop, they're in the general area of 50 inches by whatever at 72 dpi, instead of a smaller inch size with a higher dpi, if that makes sense?

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a way to make them automatically open at a higher res without going in and changing the image size?

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Imported Photo Resolution
on Sep 19, 2009 at 9:10:45 am

The resolution is determined by the size of your image at 72 dpi, if you have a native 50 inches document that\'s considered high resolution. Pay attention to he pixel dimensions rather than the inches or dpi. If you click resample image you will see how if you move either the dpi values or the actual format size the pixel values remain unchanged.

Return to posts index

Gary Gamble
Re: Imported Photo Resolution
on Jul 19, 2010 at 4:55:50 pm

What if I am going to use a HD projector and display a slide show on a large screen? Do I treat that like large paper?

What is or are the ideal picture properties when displayed via a projector to a large screen? The image in question is starting as a scanned 35mm photo. Please help me understand how to get good quality from a paper photo to a large image on a screed (7'x7')

I am using Photoshop Elements 8 and a new HP Scanner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]