FORUMS: list search recent posts

Path stacking order...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Barker
Path stacking order...
on Sep 18, 2009 at 6:24:36 pm

Hello, I find myself using the vector graphics in photoshop more than the raster graphics (yeah, I should probably switch to Illustrator, but I find Illustrator to be tedious). Anyway, I know that there is an internal stacking order to all shapes/paths you have on a particular layer, but I can't find any options to do this (send forwards, send backwards). The reason is that path order defines how different pathes interact with each other, for instance, "knockout" paths only knockout the paths that are below it in the stacking order, of course. But I'm not seeing any options to change that order. I want this all on one PS Layer because I'm preparing to animate it layer in After Effects (masks), and for my purposes, it's easier to collect them in one layer first.

I wish PS would get on the ball with vector graphics. They have them, and they work fine, but they're so much clumsier than After Effects or Illustrator.

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Path stacking order...
on Sep 19, 2009 at 9:15:28 am

Forgive me for being a killjoy but you need to switch to Illustrator for that, there are specific operations to control all you just mentioned that Photoshop being a raster images editor does not have and is not expected to.
That's the whole point of having a vector program.

Best,

D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]