FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to bypass dialog box during batch automation?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Popolo
Any way to bypass dialog box during batch automation?
on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:41:56 pm

Hi,
I'm resizing a bunch of jpgs photos to use for a DVD slide show.
I know whenever I save a new jpeg photo in photoshop, a JPEG dialog box appears asking what quality I want.
Unfortunately, when I try to automate a large batch of photos (that have previously not been opened in pshop), that dialog box waits for a response every time for each photo before a re-save (kinda defeating the whole purpose of batching). It won't continue until I answer.

Does anyone know how to bypass that "jpeg options" dialog box and make the automation truly auto?
Thanks
Anthony

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Any way to bypass dialog box during batch automation?
on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:49:31 am

When you use actions, you can include the SAVE-step, including this dialog-box into the action.

Theo

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Sep 11, 2009 at 2:07:00 pm

Hi,
I've tried that before and unfortunately that doesn't work. A couple of things occur by doing that. When the SAVE action is recorded, it doesn't allow me to SAVE to another folder (an option in the batch automation window). Yes, I can work around that by duplicating the original folder and just batching and saving to the same folder). But more importantly, it still pops up the JPEG Options dialog box for each photo, even though I performed that function within the action.
Again, this only occurs with photos that have not previously been opened in photoshop.

Thanks for offering the suggestion, though.
I may try saving as a different format.
A

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:08:16 pm

Funny, because in my hands it works perfect. It appears that you made somewhere a mistake, either in the ACTION or in the execution of the batch task.
Can you upload your action, so that we can see whether it works in our hand?

Theo

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:26:35 pm

And ofcourse if you wish, an action allows you to select a different folder for every picture you want to save...

Theo

Return to posts index

Anthony Popolo
on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:46:42 pm

Great! Thanks. I finally got it to work. And thanks for the added part about being able to "Save as" to another folder.
I didn't realize i can go that far within the action!
-Anthony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]