FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove Green/Blue screen

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Esposito
Remove Green/Blue screen
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:01:25 pm

I've searched the thread here and saw some ideas to use within in Photoshop but I was wondering when I took some still shots of a couple on green screen which program is best for stills while using blue or green screens? I ended up using this technique,

I learned on youtube in Photoshop but it was a real bear. Is the software they use at fairs to place people on magazine covers available? I tried Photokey but it wasn't very good at removing shadows and clearing up the fine matter between long blonde hair.

There's got to be an easier way then what I did.

Thanks,
Tony

Return to posts index

Rob Watson
Re: Remove Green/Blue screen
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:28:59 pm

Hi Tony,

I feel your pain, but when working with a plain toned background, such as a green / blue screen, the best method I use is the extract tool which comes with the Photoshop extended software. It allows you to paint around and over, just the edge of the whole of your subject including fine wispy hair. Then, by pasting with the paint bucket from extract, you fill the centre area of the image you want to keep. By pressing OK, you'll come up with a pretty good version of just your image, with all the fine detail of hair, with your transparent background.

You can fine tune any areas at the edge, where the technique may have eaten away a little bit of edge transparency by using the history brush, pasting info back.

try it. I'm sure it will help

regards

Rob Watson

Return to posts index

Tony Esposito
on Sep 9, 2009 at 6:12:25 pm

Thanks Rob, I've actually used the extract tool on other projects but I didn't try it for this one. But I also didn't know about the history brush so I'll have to play with that. I wish I knew what the software these stands use at fairs that have crappy lighting and they take you right off the background and place a picture behind you and it looks fine. I'm thinking maybe it's because the backgrounds are so busy and if it was a solid light color you could see the problem areas?

Tony

Return to posts index

Joanne Lefkowitz
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:22:30 am

I've had luck with these issues by using Defringe.

Joanne

Return to posts index

Tony Esposito
on Sep 11, 2009 at 12:48:48 pm

Oh, I didn't know about the Defringe trick, thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]