FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image corruption after "distort"

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ROGER BURTON
Image corruption after "distort"
on Sep 7, 2009 at 10:37:59 am

Hi chaps, I have an image that needs reducing and "distorting" a little to fit into a tv screen in another image, the first image has a logo and some text in it - when it's scaled it looks reasonably OK but when I try and distort it and 'complete' the transformation (I've only distorted 'once') the result is rubbish, is there away around this problem ? Regards Roger

Return to posts index

david Cabestany
Re: Image corruption after "distort"
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:07:11 am

Are you hitting enter after the distortion? Photoshop won't render the result until you commit to the changes so if you still have the transform box active your image will look very pixelated and crappy.

D.

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:14:41 am

Thanks dave, yes ... it's after the commitment it still looks rubbish - good of you to take the time though. Regards Roger

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Sep 18, 2009 at 1:42:05 am

Make sure you are viewing at 100%

Non Square Pixel Preview also reduces visual quality in preview

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Sep 18, 2009 at 5:29:14 am

Thanks Richard, I cannot believe it, I don't seem to be able to repeat this phenomena now - I know I would have checked it out at 100% and there's no reason why the pixel aspect ratio should have changed but it looks ok now, I'm confused - thanks to all for taking the time. Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]