FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intro to X-Men Origins Wolverine

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Perfjell
Intro to X-Men Origins Wolverine
on Aug 22, 2009 at 9:49:08 am

Hey guys, kinda new to Photoshop but if you've seen the movie "X-Men Origins Wolverine", there is this awesome intro were they use freeze frames. I figured it's probably possible to do this effect in Photoshop and not in FCP / Avid.

If you've seen it, and want to help me out with describing it, please do, even if it's just a very short description!

Marcus

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: Intro to X-Men Origins Wolverine
on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:01:03 pm

I guess you'll also need After Effects.

Edit your movie and get to your freeze frame. Export it as an image.

In Photoshop you can separate the different elements of your image into layers. Also, you can try to add more background behind the foreground elements. You can use the clone stamp or any other tool you feel comfortable with.

In After Effects you can import the psd file as a composition. Then convert the layers into 3D layers and add a camera. Separate the layers in the Z axis and then animate the camera.

I guess this can be done without the 3D, just playing with scale and position, but with a camera the movements can be more realistic.

Maybe you can achieve the change in position for the different layers in Photoshop and do this trick without After Effects. Give it a try.

I hope this helps.

*Remember to share a link to your site and to rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]