FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop CS2 Graphic Prep for Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Carter
Photoshop CS2 Graphic Prep for Premier Pro
on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:43:37 pm

I hate to bring back up anything that might have been discussed before already, but I dug around old posts and never really found my answer. I am currently creating still graphic ads for local businesses that will run at a movie theater while people are being seated. So far, I'm using Photoshop to make each ad (which look like normal Yellowpage ads), but when I import into Premier Pro 2.0 the resolution looks bad around the edge of letters (very jagged and pixellated). I'm saving each one them as a JPEG, and have been playing around with different quality size settings as well as baseline standard and optimized.

Can anyone tell me the best Photoshop settings for creating and saving graphics that will look good in Premier? People's money is resting on this which makes it stressful for me!

Thanks,
Brandon

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Photoshop CS2 Graphic Prep for Premier Pro
on Aug 19, 2009 at 10:46:44 pm

You should realize that not all fonts are suitable for video....

Resolution for Premiere:

NTSC or PAL?

4:3 or 16:9 (widescreen?

square pixels or non-square pixels?

Theo

Return to posts index

Brandon Carter
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:32:54 pm

NTSC. Working on a DELL XPS 400 PC. I would like it to be in 16x9 if possible, but don't mind 4:3 either. As for square pixels vs non-square, I never understood what that meant. I've just tried different settings, but maybe you or someone knows of best settings to use. And I do know that some fonts are no good in Premier, but finding which ones work the best with so many options can be daunting trying them all out too! Are there a few that someone might know works well with Premier? (Fonts that is) I'm also exporting final video as AVI b/c that is what I have always had no trouble playing back. Other video files like .mov, or mpeg, just never worked right.

-Brandon

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Aug 20, 2009 at 6:14:38 pm

Hi Brandon,

JPEG is never a good format to create your titles for Premiere. Better use the .psd file or even tiff.

Video uses non-square pixels. Photos from your digital camera use square pixels. So if you start from scratch in photoshop (file-new)you can choose a format with the right pixel/aspect ratio for either 4:3 or 16:9 video. In that case the (NTSC) resolution is 720 x 480 pixels in both cases.
If you have to start your project with square pixels, then you have to correct for the smaller pixels. In that case you start with 720 x 534 pixels for 4:3 video or 864 x 534 pixels for 16:9 widescreen video.

Theo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]