FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help! Need crash course in Photoshop CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Willis
Please help! Need crash course in Photoshop CS2
on Aug 5, 2009 at 3:37:47 pm

Please help. There is a bug in the Text Media Generators in Vegas Pro 9.0, and I just lost hours and hours and hours of work. All of my Generated Text Media events are now blank.

I am doing teaching video, and I need text for putting quotations and such up on the screen. I do not see how I can move forward without it. I have two projects due Friday afternoon, and I am really stuck.

I have Adobe CS2 on another machine. I have never used it. Is there some way to cut-and-paste from my teleprompter script (Word 2007) and bring it inside of Photoshop CS2, and then generate a file I can bring inside of Vegas, and position using Track Motion?

And how would I size it?

I have four Adobe Photoshop training videos by VASST, but I am brand new to video editing, and I am still trying to get my feet on the ground in Vegas. I have not been able to get to Photoshop yet.

I have two projects due Friday afternoon, and I must generate text. Is it possible that someone can please give me a step-by-step crash course on how to cut and paste from Word, turn it into text in CS2, and then generate some kind of a file (.psd?) that I can position and size in Vegas (probably using Track Motion)?

Thank you so much for your help.

Norman Willis
http://www.nazareneisrael.org
servant@nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Please help! Need crash course in Photoshop CS2
on Aug 21, 2009 at 10:36:43 pm

Hi Norman,

Are you still in the need for the "CS2 crash course"?

Theo

Return to posts index

Norman Willis
on Aug 21, 2009 at 10:52:54 pm

Hi Theo.

Thanks so much for asking. I think I've got it. I just needed someone to show me how to get started, so I would have something to 'attach things to.'

Is there some resource I should be aware of? I still need to work through the tutorials. Someone else told me that I should join the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, or something.

Thanks!

Norman Willis
http://www.nazareneisrael.org
servant@nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Aug 22, 2009 at 12:30:33 am

'Is there some resource I should be aware of?'

There are many many good Photoshop books (unlike Vegas, where there is (nearly) only Douglas Spotted Eagles book about Vegas).

I would start with Scott Kelby's Photoshop CS2 (or CS4) book for digital photographers, followed by Photoshop for Video (Richard Harrington). This book is written for CS2, but free updates can be downloaded for CS3 and CS4
Next, to get a bit more deep inside information, you can go to The Layer Book, written by Matt Kloskowski (there are more books with the same title, but I like Matts book the most).
After the layers, you will have to dig into the channels with Scott Kelby's (absolute my favorite photoshop author) The Photoshop Channel book.
To finish your basic photoshop training, you can read Photoshop Masking and Compositing, written by photoshop expert Katrin Eismann.

'Someone else told me that I should join the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, or something.'

I don't think that the NAPP will accept my membership since I'm not a professional photographer or editor :-( .
What about you?

Theo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]