FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where's my Vanishing Point grid?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Fien
Where's my Vanishing Point grid?
on Jul 27, 2009 at 1:36:44 pm

Good morning, Creative Cattle! So, it's my first time using Vanishing Point, so be gentle. But I think I'm doing everything right. Anyhow, in PS CS2 9.0.2, I have set my four points on a surface, but the famous Vanishing Point grid does not display. My four corners are there, and they're all connected, making a nice parallelogram. But there's no grid depicting my surface in perspective. Are there any "view" settings I'm missing? I'm able to use the grid size slider, but obviously to no effect since there's no grid to resize. And The "show edges" box is checked. Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Scott Fien
Re: Where's my Vanishing Point grid?
on Jul 27, 2009 at 2:15:20 pm

Just may have answered my own question ... originally, the grid I was trying to create with my four corner points was kind of oblique, not really a perfect rectangle. That's because part of the object in the photo I'm trying to grid out extends outside the boundaries of the image. Once I placed my fourth and final corner point outside the visible space of the photo, I was golden. Perfect rectangle and my grid showed up!

Return to posts index

henry weber
Re: Where's my Vanishing Point grid?
on Nov 15, 2009 at 2:03:35 pm

Hi Scott,

as long as your four points don't make a possible rectangle the grid won't appear and it stays red. try adjusting the corners until you see the blue grid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]