FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with importing avi files.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Draws
Problem with importing avi files.
on Jul 21, 2009 at 4:35:51 pm

I know of two ways to import. One being just dragging in the file and the other being clicking on file>import>video frames to layers.

Problem is both ways give me a blank avi (which I have the necessary codecs for) and I can only fix the avi which I have imported by dragging in as I am able to go on layers>video layers>interpret footage and ignore the alpha channel.

Problem is that this way of importing gives me a video layer which I'm not used to editing as I am trying to make gifs and I'd like to view the individual frames and delete them, but of course I am not able to do so as the video is blank and I cannot tell Photoshop to ignore the alpha.
Help!

I have Photoshop CS4 (part of the suite).

Return to posts index

Tony Draws
Re: Problem with importing avi files.
on Jul 21, 2009 at 5:54:54 pm

I've solved this problem by importing into imageready first then loading the project via photoshop. Now my problem is that all the gifs that I've saved which have transparency will have a non-intended motion blur which looks ugly and piles up until the end of the animation and starts over.

When I do save for web and devices I see how the gif should look but once it's saved it has this problem.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tony Draws
on Jul 21, 2009 at 6:28:08 pm

Here's an example: http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9474/clip0011.gif

Return to posts index

Tony Draws
on Jul 27, 2009 at 8:08:16 pm

help please!

Return to posts index