FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Arrow/Compass-Looking Graphic

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Trauger
Red Arrow/Compass-Looking Graphic
on Jul 15, 2009 at 5:40:42 pm

Hi,

I have a colleague who came to me asking about how to remove a red arrow or compass-looking graphic that all of a sudden appeared on top of their active PSD file they were working on (looks like some type of watermark given the increased transparency).

They said they've seen it before in other Adobe programs but never in PS and that they don't know how to remove it when working in Photoshop other than to close the program, lose any changes, and revert back to the original file they made in an earlier session.

I took a look at their screen and was unable to help since I've never seen it before on mine. Coming from a 3D background I want to say it almost looks like some sort of directional or rotational handle etc. But since I couldn't help I thought I'd post the question to this forum so that I may learn what it is and how to work with/disable it since this now has sparked my curiosity, too.

Can anyone weigh in?

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Red Arrow/Compass-Looking Graphic
on Jul 15, 2009 at 8:43:58 pm

If it's on an additional layer, turn the layer off. If it's a guide, turn off the guides. If it magically appeared on an existing layer, there's trouble in River City.

Del
smoke, photoshopCS3, FC Studio2

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: d Arrow/Compass-Looking Graphic
on Jul 16, 2009 at 12:49:03 pm

They've selected rotate canvas tool in CS4. Click reset in options bar and choose a different tool.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Steven Trauger
on Jul 16, 2009 at 1:15:02 pm

Ah ha! Thank you, Richard!! I will definitely pass that along (I figured it had to be something simple like that).

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jul 17, 2009 at 3:16:04 am

It's a new feature that is designed for tablet users. Drives me nuts with a multitouch trackpad

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

David Darg
Re: Red Arrow/Compass-Looking Graphic
on Aug 25, 2009 at 8:30:48 pm

This is all you need to do: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4337

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]