FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 Crash On Save

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Smith
CS3 Crash On Save
on Jul 14, 2009 at 9:10:51 pm

Been seeing this problem intermittently: In moving from Final Cut Pro to Photoshop, I will alter a layer and alpha of an existing file, save file from menu, and the screen goes dead. I've tried to repeat this many times, but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

When it does happen, I'm forced to restart the machine by holding down the power button. There's no other way to break the deadlock.

The only thing that might be contributing is that I am amending files that are connected to a Final Cut Pro project. As I work, I make changes to graphics in Photoshop, bounce back to Final Cut, and the files reconnects to the revised one. I've done this numerous times and no problem. The crash definitely happens after save in Photoshop, though.

I'm running 10.5.5, 2 x 2.8 Quad Core, 8 GB RAM, with Photoshop CS3.

Anyone else see anything like this?

I've tried to repair permissions, and trash preferences. So far, no change. Any thoughts?

Nick Smith

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Re: CS3 Crash On Save
on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:23:07 am

Hi there! wow, screen goes dead? as in black? Can u look in the log to find out what kind of crash it is, ie. kernel panic? If you were in CS4, i would say turn off all the PS openGL features and see if that helps...not sure what options CS3 had...it's been a long time...but perhaps under preferences you can find anything relating to OpenGl or 3D and turn it off. cheers,
jigs

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]