FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anti-Aliasing

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Kotlowitz
Anti-Aliasing
on May 13, 2009 at 7:21:37 pm

I'm trying to create some graphics to import into DVD Studio Pro. I'm literally taking the eliptical marquee tool and drawing a circle and then filling it in with a color. I clicked the anti aliasing button, but there are still jaggies. Is there another way to make this MORE anti-aliased? Sorry if this is a typical question, I'm new to photoshop. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Anti-Aliasing
on May 15, 2009 at 3:12:15 pm

I don't have DVD Studio Pro (DSP), but I suspect it does not support vector graphics (your shape) and is converting it to a bitmap and creating jaggies. Here are some ideas in no particular order:

- Don't copy/paste. Try importing the oval as a file in DSP. If it recognizes .psd files, then it may work. If not, then try saving the file as TIFF (or some other format DSP supports).

- Rasterize your oval in PS then copy/paste.

- Use a blur filter on the oval in PS (probably need to rasterize first). Ideally, your background is transparent, and DSP recognizes alpha channels. If trying to import as above, make sure that if you save it as TIFF to include the transparent/alpha channel.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Joel Kotlowitz
on May 15, 2009 at 3:21:01 pm

Pauley, Thanks for your response.

I am not really too proficient in photoshop... I pretty much know the basics. DVD Studio Pro accepts Photoshop files (psd). The jaggies are in my photoshop file, it looks the same in DSP as it does in photoshop. I guess my question is, how would I create a circle using the circle marquee tool with completely smooth edges when I fill in the circle with color?

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on May 15, 2009 at 5:33:18 pm

First option - try using a shape instead of a selection fill. The shape tool is toward the bottom of your toolbar. There is one called the Ellipse Tool.

Second option - feather your selection before you fill in the color. Just 1-3 pixels should be enough.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]