FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copied layer won't extend beyond the edge of my canvas?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Jones
Copied layer won't extend beyond the edge of my canvas?
on Apr 8, 2009 at 5:40:38 pm

Hi everyone, I took a look through old posts to see if I could find and answer to this, but didn't see anything, so here goes:

I am working on a document that involves importing layers from another document. I am doing this by clicking on the document I'd like to copy the layer from, and dragging the layer to the new document - Boom, it creates a new layer with the copied image in my new document.

My question is, I am able to move the copied layer around in the new document with no problem - re-size it, etc etc. But, at some point when I am working on the new document, the copied layer no longer gives me the information beyond my canvas size. So in other words, when I first bring in the copied layer, I'm able to move it around, and nothing is cut off. Then, at some point during the time I'm working on the new document, the copied layer only extends to the edge of my canvas - So, when I try to move it again, it is cut off (the edge ends where my canvas ends). I'd, of course, like to have that copied layer's information extend beyond my canvas, so I can keep adjusting it's position as I work on the new image.

I have been, for the longest time, trying to figure out why this keeps happening - I'm sure there's an easy solution to this, but I can't figure it out!

Thanks in advance for your help or any suggestions you might have to keep this from continually happening - I really appreciate it!
- Jennifer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]