FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pen Tool

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Morgan
Pen Tool
on Apr 6, 2009 at 1:52:01 pm

I've never had a problem with this before but it is something that I have noticed. My question is why will the path that I end up with after a pen tool selection not always have straight lines? I've noticed and it has been brought to my attention, by someone who lost a little clipping path business to me yet still does the prepress for the same client, that my paths were not straight where they needed to be straight. The problem is the path curves between points and I know I haven't pulled handlebars to create the curves. Is there a setting I never learned of or is this just what happens? As I've said it has never in ten years been an issue till someone lost a little work, but if there is a fix I need to learn it.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
Re: Pen Tool
on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:06:08 pm

From my experience the pen tool always performs the way it should. It defaults to straight lines until you start messing with the bezier handles. You can also drag as you click to create each point with the pen tool to create a bezier curve as you go, perhaps this is what you did by mistake?

Abraham

Return to posts index

James Morgan
on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:26:01 pm

Thanks for the response. Thats exactly what I thought but, that means that I would be pulling handles on every point. I admit that when I'm in a hurry I have accidentally created a slightly curved segment or two but, not on every single point which is what seems to have happened. In the hundreds of clipping paths I've done this year already, this is my first complaint and it was from someone who lost a little business to me and not the client. I'm already working on reeducating myself on the tool's use to be more proficient and hope that resolves any future issues.

Thanks again.

James

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:31:50 pm

Did you see the issue yourself? Maybe the guy is just trying to give you a hard time...

Abraham

Return to posts index

James Morgan
on Apr 6, 2009 at 4:44:26 pm

I've seen it myself and don't understand why it happens. I know it happens when I cheat and use the marquee tool to make a selection that I then turn that into a path but, that isn't the case with this one. He is trying to give me a hard time also.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]