FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't I have my PSD without making a Sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Tinsley
Can't I have my PSD without making a Sequence?
on Mar 30, 2009 at 8:36:40 pm

Hello,

I'm using FCP 6 and I would like to use Photoshop CS4 as my title editor for lower thirds etc. I've made some test files and imported them and seem to always import as a sequence with all the layers divided. At first I thought "Cool" but the only problem with that is that then you loose the "Open in Editor" ability on the timeline and I'm thinking that's more valuable to me than having the layers available in a sequence. I mean, I'll manage the layers in Photoshop thanks very much! I then noticed that an older lower third file I made on Photoshop CS3 on a PC did NOT import like this. It came in as a single entity. Put it on the timeline and it keys fine. Right click on it and "open in editor". Photoshop pops up with all my layers perserved. I make a change and save. It updates in FCP and I'm done. PERFECT! So what gives? Is there a way to turn off this sequence making portion of the import for CS4 based files? Or is there a better way to use the "Open in Editor" command from a PSD file that is wrapped in a sequence? Sure I could fine the original file but I really want that "Open in Editor" ability!

Thanks,

Nate

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Can't I have my PSD without making a Sequence?
on Apr 1, 2009 at 6:56:59 pm

Save as a layered TIFF file

FCP imports Flat (use an alpha)
But when you use External Editor command... it opens as a layered file in PS

Look at Cow FCP podcast... we've shown this recently

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]