FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating clouds using transparency

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
albert hunte
creating clouds using transparency
on Mar 23, 2009 at 7:09:37 pm

Did anyone understand the tutorial on creating clouds using transparency? I tried everything but couldn't get mine to work. I have Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS2 and Photoshop CS3.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
Re: creating clouds using transparency
on Mar 27, 2009 at 1:51:09 pm

albert, which tut would that be and what problem are u having. post a link and i can help!
jigs

Phoenix Studios: Small A/V Production House in Kathmandu

Return to posts index

al hunter
on Mar 27, 2009 at 3:14:37 pm

This tutorial is called "Creating Clouds With Ttansparency". It is written by Luke Ahearn. on this very website. My problem is ...somewhere in the middle of the tutorial he started showing results, but as he progressed I could not figure what he wanted he wanted us to keep. Did he want me to flatten the image and use it as a mask? I am using Photoshop CS2 and CS3 and in CS2 I could not get to change my background to blue, for some reason. I like this tutorial for a special reason.
I do games and I would like to get a transparent water scene so I would like to use the transparent sky scene as the water(the kind of fake water we see in games)...and this is perfect, if only I can achieve something with it. Please help me.

Thanks
Albert

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Mar 29, 2009 at 3:58:07 am

Yes, I see the error in his ways. U actually delete the Alpha layer and keep the Cloud layer which has just some pixels preserved from the preceding steps. Do not flatten anything, and do a "select all" on the background layer and fill with another color (in this case it was blue). What u should end up is a Cloud Layer and a Backgound layer, where the Cloud layer only has some pixels from the "render clouds" filter process, and those pixels left over are mixed in a transparency that can be used above or below any other content layers that you add. This was not explained, but is the intent I gather. I am not sure what all those other images were about - the one with the scary monster, they did not seem relevant to the tut. well, let me know if it's still not clear!
jigs

Phoenix Studios: Small A/V Production House in Kathmandu

Return to posts index

al hunter
on Mar 29, 2009 at 2:37:11 pm

Thanks jigs,

Now I get the picture. What you said make a whole lot of sense. I will work on it today and let you knowhow things work out. You seem to know a lot about Photoshop, and there is one little thing I want to ask you about this 'Clouds and Transparency " thing but I think that I will wait and see how your advice works out.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.
Albert

Return to posts index

al hunter
on May 14, 2009 at 2:53:26 pm

Hi Jiggy,
I would just like to tell you that everything worked out fine. I am sorry it took me such a long time to reply.

Thanks again for your support,
Al Hunter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]