FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need suggestions before buying Photoshop CS4

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris bryant
Need suggestions before buying Photoshop CS4
on Mar 16, 2009 at 11:36:08 am

Hello All,
I am planning to buy a copy of Photoshop CS4 for my daughter. Sometime back she was quite keen on getting it but couldn’t do it because of tight finances. Now I am planning to gift her Photoshop CS4 for her birthday. Also I came across creative suite cs4 design premium http://www.ecostsoftware.com/adobe/adobe-creative-suite-cs4-design-premium-... it includes many other tools including photoshop. Should I go for this one or just buy the Photoshop. My daughter is a professional designer. Please guide me on this. Sorry if you find this post unprofessional.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Need suggestions before buying Photoshop CS4
on Mar 16, 2009 at 3:36:20 pm

Chris,

Gifting the latest version of Photoshop to anyone who is a professional designer is useful since it is something they will almost certainly need ... at least at some point, meaning that many of us find it perfectly sufficient to get by with a slightly older version until/unless the newest version becomes necessary to retain compatibility with other designers.

Whether it is worthwhile to spend the additional money for the Design Premium software suite depends on whether your daughter knows (or intends to learn) at least 1 or 2 of the other software in the suite. I'm sure your daughter knows that all of the Adobe products are professional software, so they are not the type of software that one learns in a day or two off of a whim, rather than need. With that said, most professionals that use Photoshop also use Illustrator, some also use Acrobat Pro and many who use any Adobe product also use Adobe Bridge, which is just a utility program that some find very useful (including myself) and some do not.

I hope my reply is helpful.

Return to posts index

Joe Procopio
Re: Need suggestions before buying Photoshop CS4
on Mar 16, 2009 at 7:16:40 pm

Broadway Video, NYC
AVID/FCP editor/engineer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]