FORUMS: list search recent posts

Space multiple copies

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Edvardsson
Space multiple copies
on Nov 29, 2008 at 2:16:11 pm

I've seen in a tutorial somewhere where they explained how to do this, but I can't find it, or any other answer...
If I have a object (say a shape, doesn't matter) and I want to create 10 copies of it and spacing them equally to the right. How would I do that?
Best thing would be if you can go like "Here is my object, I want the last object to be here, and I want 10 copies.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Space multiple copies
on Dec 1, 2008 at 7:34:32 pm

[Oscar Edvardsson] "Best thing would be if you can go like "Here is my object, I want the last object to be here, and I want 10 copies.
Thanks in advance!"

Use the Align & Distribute tools. These are visible in the toolbar if you are using the Move tool. If you select all of your layers and hit distribute horizontal centers (or vertical centers, depending on your needs) you should be good to go. Note that this requires that you place one layer at the 'beginning' and one at the 'end' before you distribute.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Oscar Edvardsson
on Dec 1, 2008 at 7:41:56 pm

Yeah, that worked. Thanks a lot!
But I think there were some other, more advanced way we're you could create copies and setting transparency and stuff like that. If someone know, I'd like to know.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Dec 9, 2008 at 1:05:38 am

[Oscar Edvardsson] "But I think there were some other, more advanced way we're you could create copies and setting transparency and stuff like that. If someone know, I'd like to know."

You'd have to expand some more on exactly what it is you're trying to do. It sounds like something that could be accomplished in a few steps with different tools, but I don't know what you want to do with the transparency for example.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]