FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resize Curves dialog box in CS3 Extended PS?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Wylie
Resize Curves dialog box in CS3 Extended PS?
on Nov 25, 2008 at 4:35:11 am

Hi, I am trying to find out if I can resize the Curves dialog box in CS3 Extended PS for more fine grained adjustments to the toe region of a file. The purpose is to take a linear encoded, 16 bit scan of a film image that preserves the specular highlights (super whites) and build a curve in the toe that remaps the code values to that roughly of a .dpx log file.

The reason I do this is, I have a custom scanner that requires a .tiff based LUT to interpret the image being shot on the film scanner. The LUT is a 1 pixel high .tiff file with a gradient that has had the code values reshuffled via a curve applied in photoshop. The curve is the one I need to generate in Photoshop with an expanded curves dialog box.

Long story short, I need a very fine grained, precise way of allocating code values in a specific region of the curve on discreet R, G and B curves.

Can the dialog box be resized or is there a better application for this purpose that isn't astronomically expensive?

Thanks

Kinohead

"The camera is a base instrument; you must do violence to it..." Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Resize Curves dialog box in CS3 Extended PS?
on Dec 2, 2008 at 1:15:36 am

You can Alt(PC) Option(Mac) click on the curves graph to divide it in 1/10ths rather than 1/4s. You can zoom into anythign on your screen using the hot key for zooming which is in the universal acess control panel (Mac) and I believe the PC has a control panel for handicapped people that will zoom.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]