FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing Black Background from Animation for Sony Vegas 8

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Bell
Removing Black Background from Animation for Sony Vegas 8
on Nov 24, 2008 at 11:16:46 am

Hello I recently managed to import PSD files into sony vegas from photoshop with transparent backgrounds. I have tried doing the same with an animation I made on photoshop however once it has been rendered there is a black blackground behind it I am rendering to an AVi file.

I made a spinning hat with video on it , now I would like to put this over the top of another avi file giving the effect that it is floating across. rather than a black background.

Any help gratefully received ..

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Removing Black Background from Animation for Sony Vegas 8
on Nov 25, 2008 at 4:02:59 am

Make sure you render with an alpha channel in the Export dialog box

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Andrew Bell
on Nov 25, 2008 at 11:45:29 am

Found out how to do this yesterday, you need to save as a mov file... quicktime I think. On the export options before rendering click straight alpha channel.

If this is then imported on vegas it will still show a black background however if you right click on the clip, then properties...then change the channel to alpha straight as in photoshop and low and behold it will now have a transparent background!! I hope this helps others I spent 5 days searching for the solution! People kept saying export to alpha channel (but which one) lol .... Anyway happy as can be now. Photos seem to open as psd's fine with transparent backgrounds.

Return to posts index

Long Bunly
on Dec 19, 2012 at 5:04:26 pm

just created account for creativecow.net to say thank you Andrew Bell, I try to found this solution for 3days ago, finally you helped you :) thank you again, because i need to make a video for my girlfriend lolzzz

Bunly Long

Cambodia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]