FORUMS: list search recent posts

Images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Berge
Images
on Nov 20, 2008 at 5:13:13 pm

Hi,

how can I cut pixels around a JPEG picture (cut around for example a dog) so I can import only the dog into another program? I have used the magnetic lasso tool and cut around, but the back ground gets white.

sunshina

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Images
on Nov 20, 2008 at 6:18:27 pm

Hi
Two ways. First is double click on the layers tab which shows a black lock. This will ask if you want to create this as a layer. Say yes. Delete the white around the cut-out selection.

2nd way is to cut or copy and paste the selection. This makes a new layer. Keep the new layer and delete the background layer.

Done.
Have fun.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Lillian Berge
on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:59:21 pm

Thanks for help, Del and Darby, I´ll try it out :)

Return to posts index

Lillian Berge
on Nov 21, 2008 at 12:33:22 am

Hi again,

it didn´t help me trying this because when I import the dog with the transparent background it still shows a white background when imported into my other program?? Maybe I´ve done something wrong, but I want no background at all, only the dog??

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Nov 21, 2008 at 2:20:33 pm

Hi again
once you've masked per Darby or cut per Del, you have to save the image as a psd., .tif or any file that saves layers & masks. Resaving as a jpeg does what you see.
Del

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Lillian Berge
on Nov 22, 2008 at 3:18:26 pm

Hi Del,

it works perfectly, thanks! :)

sunshina

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:10:35 pm

If you're going to use the lasso I would recommend first duplicating your background layer, then using the lasso, then using Layer > Add Layer Mask > Reveal Selection, then disabling the visibility of the background layer.

You can then go into the layer mask to make further non-destructive adjustments. Paint with black in the layer mask to hide parts of the layer or white to reveal.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]