FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worst Photoshop Bug EVER!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Nieto
Worst Photoshop Bug EVER!
on Oct 8, 2008 at 11:56:04 am

This is a particularly nasty issue that I hope no one has had to deal with.

I'm trying to load a mask into an alpha channel. So I do the whole "Select>Save Selection" etc and all is good. The new alpha channel is fine. But...

The very next time I go to save my document, Photoshop disappears with the message "The application has unexpectedly quit".

This on its own is more than annoying, but then it goes and does something that's just damned mean.

I go to reopen the PSD I was working on, and strangely enough, it hasn't saved. Ever. Not only have I lost all the work I did just before it crashed, I've lost everything I've ever done on the file from the beginning - even the times I saved it earlier on in the day, when everything was going fine.

The first time it happened I thought I had just been forgetting to save all day, but when it happened a second time I had been saving every 30 seconds out of paranoia that PS could crash at any moment; which it did. I wasn't massively worried about it, considering how frequently I had been saving. Sadly, upon reopening it, I found myself back at the start again - my obsessive/compulsive saving seemed to have all been for nothing.

Has anyone else been unfortunate enough to come across this?

I'm running CS on a MacPro with OS X 10.4.11.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: Worst Photoshop Bug EVER!
on Oct 8, 2008 at 7:39:35 pm

I would a) reintall quark and b) repair permissions on the Mac. If that doesn't work, I'd look into getting something like Disk Warrior.

http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Tristan Nieto
on Oct 9, 2008 at 8:45:51 am

Thanks Jeff,

I managed to work out that it was a variant on the old "Every Third Save" problem, so I trashed a list of things, including some Adobe Bridge stuff, which seems to have tamed the problem. It still crashes more than I'd like it to, but I'm not losing mountains of work.

Thanks again,
Tristan

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Oct 16, 2008 at 5:08:18 pm

[Tristan Nieto] "I'm running CS on a MacPro with OS X 10.4.11."

CS is a PowerPC app and you're running it on an Intel based Mac. I would upgrade to CS4 if I were you (CS3 is also a Universal Binary, but might as well get the latest and greatest, right?).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]