FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Lenticular Software???

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bartkus
Adobe Lenticular Software???
on Sep 15, 2008 at 9:41:22 pm

I heard a rumor that Adobe is going to be offering software for the creation of lenticular imagery (not sure if it's going to be a plug-in for Photoshop or After Effects or what). Has anyone heard about this?

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Adobe Lenticular Software???
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:12:26 pm

Photoshop CS4 Extended has the ability to create and print lenticular images in addition to red/blue stereo.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Sep 23, 2008 at 9:31:31 pm

Any particular site you could direct me to, to find this in action? I can only find some CS4 info that shows some basic 3d stuff, but nothing lenticular specific. I currently use proprietary software for interlacing lenticular images, but it would be interesting to see what Adobe has come up with.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Sep 23, 2008 at 10:43:57 pm

The feature videos have just started getting posted. I would keep an eye on Russell Brown's site http://www.russellbrown.com I think he will be posting a video on lenticular creation in the new future.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Sep 24, 2008 at 2:09:44 pm

I've seen the Russell Brown stuff on lenticular (very amateurish at best) but he's using off the shelf lenticular interlacing software, not anything built right into Photoshop.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Sep 24, 2008 at 3:33:38 pm

If you saw anything from him prior to yesterday he was using non-Adobe software because we had not announced yet, which prevented him from using/showing CS4. Do you have an example of the type of work you are doing with lenticular?

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Sep 24, 2008 at 5:22:24 pm

Yes, go here to see a ton of examples...

lenticular.rrd.com/

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Sep 25, 2008 at 11:05:37 pm

The 3d/depth you can do straight out of the box, the examples with animation/zoom would require more work. I know a couple of folks are working on scripts to do some of this stuff. Russell is doing a lenticular seminar at the Adobe Max conference in November. If you cannot attend, he should be posting tutorials shortly afterward.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Sep 26, 2008 at 2:26:05 pm

Mike,
I've been doing lenticular for about 15 years now. The company I was at before coming here is National Graphics (using their Extreme Vision technology), where I worked on hundreds of lenticular projects over the course of 9 or 10 years, including the DVD cover for Independence Day. I've been here at RR Donnelley for over 5 years (using proprietary interlacing software) and have worked on hundreds of lenticular projects here as well, including many for the Disney Movie Club, the upcoming release of Hellboy II, Iron Man, Starship Stroopers 3, as well as many more projects for packaging, POP displays, tradeshow booths, etc. It has been great being a part of bringing lenticular into the mainstream through modern interlacing software, the use of Photoshop, After Effects, morphing programs and computer to plate technology and seeing all of the various lenses being developed for a wide range of lenticular, from extremely thin (with 200 lenticules per inch) for label applications to very thick (40 lenticules per inch) for bus shelter sized posters. You can do everything from a postage stamp to a billboard now so it's great to see Adobe integrating it right into Photoshop.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Oct 27, 2008 at 5:39:42 pm

Russell has posted some new lenticular tutorials on his Tips and techniques area

http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Oct 28, 2008 at 8:34:53 pm

That's interesting. Once we get the new version of Photoshop I'll dig into it more deeply. I'm hoping you'll be able to pick different lenses than the rough ones he shows. We typically print on a 100 lenticules per inch lens from Pacur.
http://www.pacur.com/
It also only appears to print two different angles for the 3d. We typically print at least 12. I'm hoping there's a setting for the number of frames you want to interlace under the lens. (Depending on the amount of lenticules per inch you can fit a set amount of info under each lenticule. There is a lens which has 200 lenticules per inch which can only support about 6 different angles or frames under it whereas the 40 lenticules per inch lens can support about 8 times that.) there are different lenses for different applications. The 200 lpi lens is great for labels and that sort of thing and the 40 lpi might be better suited for posters, bus shelters, etc.

Return to posts index

Chang Li
on May 8, 2010 at 2:53:42 pm

In my opinion ,the Adobe is out now, it is diffcult to operate ,i heard that there is a latest lenticular software named PSDTO3D99 is very popular nowadays, have you tried it? the lens can reach 99, the maxium dpi can reach 9600, oh ,unbeliveable , but it is really very good as i test the trial version, here is the download website
http://www.3d99.com/download/Psdto3d99Demo.rar ,you can try.i found there are many latest lenticular on this website, it's very amazing,
http://www.3d99.com

Return to posts index

Margaret Howerton
on Nov 26, 2008 at 5:15:18 pm

Follow the link below for step by step instructions on how to interlace an image in Adobe Photoshop. These instructions are for a 2 image flip and it works great.

The instructions follow the heading "How to Interlace in Photoshop" about halfway down the page.

http://www.dplenticular.com/en/web/prepress_process/id_197

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Mar 19, 2009 at 7:18:45 pm

We use proprietary interlacing/screen software for lenticular.

Return to posts index

eduwin fuentes
on May 23, 2009 at 3:14:18 am

Me Gustaria Mostrarle Una Nueva Forma de Hacer
Impresion Animada Con Plastico. Es La Tecnologia
(SOL) Sistema Optico Lenticular
Es una de las Tecnicas mas Innovadoras
Del Diseño Grafico 3D, Consiste en la Impresión de
Imagenes Entrelazadas al Reverso de un Plastico,
Para dar la Ilusion de Movimiento y Diferentes
Efectos Visuales como 3D, Flip, Zoom, Morph