FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inverted leading in Photoshop CS3...?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon elison
Inverted leading in Photoshop CS3...?
on Sep 8, 2008 at 7:22:09 pm

Hey guys, this is so weird...hopefully someone can help me with this.

I'm working with a batch of PSDs that I did NOT create. Just within these files, the leading setting in the type palette is inverted?!

In other words, instead of a line adjusting itself from the selected line above it...as it should be, and nomrally is in Photoshop, it inverts so the selected line moves the line below it!

The leading box icon is even different, as shown here:

On top of that, it's extremely buggy in the sense that if I adjust lines within a text box, it will sometimes "snap" other lines' adjusted leadings out, despite the number assigned to that line still being accurate and set. I need to then choose the "snapped out" line(s) and just move their value up or down to have them "snap" back.

So...any idea as to what's going on? How or where can I change the way this is behaving? It's driving me nuts and causing so many little frustrations in my workflow.

Also...this is NOT a Photoshop wide setting... New docs have leading as expected.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Inverted leading in Photoshop CS3...?
on Sep 8, 2008 at 10:34:07 pm

Bring up the Paragraph panel. From the Flyout menu Select Bottom-to-Bottom Leading. May require enabling Show Asian Text Options in Preferences/Type

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

jon elison
Re: Inverted leading in Photoshop CS3...?
on Sep 9, 2008 at 2:56:31 pm

Thanks Mike! I'm gonna stick it out with these comps being set as top-to-bottom since resetting that would require me to set the type a million times over. In the future though I'll be sure to make this switch immediately if I come across it.

What is the reason for this alternative leading option? Is it in fact an Asian type/design characteristic? I've never seen anyone set leading this way...

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]