FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch processing multilayered files with a consistent background in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Seymour
Batch processing multilayered files with a consistent background in Photoshop
on Aug 14, 2008 at 11:58:34 am

Hi everyone!

I have a folder full of psd files each one contains 3-4 layers of cut out images of people. Below these is a folder containing a number of layers making up a consistent background texture.

What I want to do is batch process these to make up a jpeg consisting of each of the cut-out layers and the background. So if my psd file has 3 layers of cut out people say layer a, b and c and a folder containing the background texture (call this folder d) then I want to save out a jpeg with layer a + d, another jpeg with b + d, another with c + d.

Is there a way of automating this, or is there a script that will help me achieve this as a batch process rather than having to do each psd individually?

Your help would be much appreciated.

R

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Batch processing multilayered files with a consistent background in Photoshop
on Aug 16, 2008 at 1:15:47 am

Use Layer Comps... then the Export Layer Comps script

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Robin Seymour
Re: Batch processing multilayered files with a consistent background in Photoshop
on Aug 18, 2008 at 11:41:50 am

Thanks for that Richard, could you give a bit more detail on that one? Layer comps? Selected Layer comps..? still slightly puzzled. Sorry if this seems like a bit of a noob question, but I haven't had to do this kind of batch processing before.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Robin Seymour
on Aug 18, 2008 at 3:35:52 pm

Figured it out! That's awesome! I've never used Layer Comps before. What a brilliant toy. Thanks a lot for your help Richard. Just saved me hours of time!!!

R x

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]