FORUMS: list search recent posts

Liquify Filter Question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Hancock
Liquify Filter Question
on Aug 12, 2008 at 4:11:02 pm

All,

I tried performing a search prior to this but was unable to come up with anything. Here goes...

I have done a significant amount of photo retouching throughout my career and am no stranger to removing blemishes, smoothing skin, changing hair color, etc.

Recently, a model asked me is I could enhance her chest region. The photos are of her in a bikini and she wants just a slight adjustment to this area. I have tried a couple of things with the Liquify filter but I seem to keep affecting the pixels in the background, around her arms and her stomach. Is there a way to just mask off the area I need to be affected by the Liquify filter and make the adjustments then without distorting the surrounding pixels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seth

Mac OSX 10.5.4
Photoshop CS3

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

Seth Hancock
Nevermind
on Aug 12, 2008 at 5:22:59 pm

I found the Freeze Mask tool and now can do exactly what I want with these images.

Seth

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Nevermind
on Aug 13, 2008 at 2:42:10 am

In addition to freeze mask tool I recomend drawing a selection marquee slightly larger than your target area prior to choosing liquify (helps speed up things).

I have better success setting the brush strength to a low setting, and using the proper size brush.

Return to posts index

Seth Hancock
Re: Nevermind
on Aug 13, 2008 at 10:34:33 pm

Thanks Mike. I will use both methods and see how well things develop, um, er turn out.

Seth

Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]