FORUMS: list search recent posts

Losing PS association w Jpeg exports

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason white
Losing PS association w Jpeg exports
on Aug 2, 2008 at 7:03:36 pm

Hi, I've doing a disc of jpeg images, some are enhanced and some are just straight jpegs from the digital camera. Some images I crop/enhance and resave as jpegs. I want these to mix cleanly in with the original images.

The problem I am having is that when I double-click a jpeg that was saved out of PS, it opens PS to view it. I want it to behave just like the other jpegs (open out of viewer).

I know there's probably some operating system functions I could change on my own system, but I don't want the images to behave this way when I give the disc to other people. I'd like all the images to behave the same and basically any jpegs saved out of photoshop I'd like them to lose their association with photoshop.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

I'm on a Mac, using Leopard & PS CS3.

jason

Return to posts index

jason white
Re: Losing PS association w Jpeg exports
on Aug 2, 2008 at 7:33:56 pm

On bit more of info - within my operating system, under the file heading 'kind' my originals are listed as being 'JPEG image'. Under the ones saved out of photoshop they are listed as 'Adobe Photoshop JPEG file'.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Aug 4, 2008 at 4:00:49 pm

When Photoshop saves your images the resource fork kind changes from jpg to jpeg. The first thing you have to decide is in you want all your images to have the jpeg(photohsop) or jpg(generic) resource fork.

The solution is simple if you want all images to have the kind : Photoshop jpeg image, just resave ALL your images with photoshop (using an action to speed up the process).

If you want all your images asigned the generice reoucr fork tag then
1. make a new folder, in the same folder you image folde is in.
2. control click on folder selecting, Attach a folder action
3. choose duplicate as jpeg script
that's it if you images are "TIFF", "GIFf", "PNGf", "PICT"
If they are already jpeg, you'll need to do this...
4. now a very small amount of code editing
5. control select your new folder again
6. choose Edit Folder Action , Script editor opens
7. you will need to type directly in (don't cut and paste this) including comma. ,"JPEG"
8. type it on line property type_list after "PICT"
9. you will need to type directly in (don't cut and paste this) including comma. ,"jpg"
10. type it on line property extension_list after "pct"
11. save
12. now drop in your images to the folder
13. you can disable the action, using control click on folder if you like.

Or

Open all your Photoshop jpeg images in preview.app and resave each one individually.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 6, 2008 at 7:36:04 am

Get Info on the JPG and there should be a section in there that allows you to change the default "open with application" setting.

Color Grading presets for After Effects, Premiere, etc., plus free presets and more.

LITTLE BLACK BIRD - PROFESSIONAL VISUAL EFFECTS

http://www.littleblackbird.com

Return to posts index

jason white
on Aug 6, 2008 at 3:31:51 pm

Hi Mike & Scott, thanks. Mike - thanks for taking the time to give so much detail. I attempted those steps but seemed to have slightly different options on my operating system (had trouble finding a duplicate script), anyway I actually went the easier route and just saved them out of viewer which worked great. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]