FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help create best graphic computer system?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Becky Mathers
Please help create best graphic computer system?
on Jul 18, 2008 at 8:15:28 pm

I am in need of a new computer system and need help picking the correct components that are best for graphic arts. I need to use both the Adobe and Corel suites and video making software on the PC.

I am interested in purchasing from Dell. But I don't know the best system, graphic card, memory, processor, hard drives, etc etc to include in the system to run the programs efficiently.

Right now my computer is too slow and I have many error problems when I layout magazines and do graphics with alot of High res photos etc.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Please help create best graphic computer system?
on Jul 22, 2008 at 12:24:52 am

As far as a specific system, I'm not sure.
You'd probably want at least 3 Gigs of RAM, at least 2 internal Serial ATA hard drives, a pci (or better) graphics card with at least 256MB of RAM - ATI, GeForce, etc. You should get, at least, a dual-processor.

Just some ideas.

Vince

Return to posts index

Max Moses
on Aug 6, 2008 at 6:44:42 am

For graphic design and video editing you should primarily pay attention at two things: RAM size and CPU. These parameters are crucial.

The more RAM you get - the faster it work. If you want to guess how much memory you'll need, do the following:
Run PS, corel & video editing software (in fact, all the software you can need to work at the same time). Open system monitor and see how much RAM is allocated. Multiply by 2. Add the size of biggest files you may need to work with. This will be aproximately your RAM size. Remember - better to take more than less.
As for the CPU, I'd recommend to choose Xeon, Dual or Quad-core.

Graphic card matters only when it comes to 3D modelling and gaming. So you can save on this.

As for hard drives, i agree with Vincent - you should have 2 physical drives (one for system and soft and other for work).

And the last thing: I strongly recommend to take a look at Mac Pro. I had a chance to compare MacPro 8-core with a PC of totally same configuration. It was the difference, really!
If want to do your creative work rather than fine-tuning your system tj become stable, buy a Mac.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Aug 6, 2008 at 7:32:07 am

Get a Dell or HP workstation. Or, something with Core 2 Duo or Quad, at least 2GB-4GB RAM, two hard drives and a decent graphics card like an Nvidia 8800 or a Quadro if you can afford it.

Color Grading presets for After Effects, Premiere, etc., plus free presets and more.

LITTLE BLACK BIRD - PROFESSIONAL VISUAL EFFECTS

http://www.littleblackbird.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]