FORUMS: list search recent posts

applying same adjustments to 100+ images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas hensler
applying same adjustments to 100+ images
on Jul 10, 2008 at 12:52:37 pm

I am working in PS CS3 and i have a folder of more than 100 images that i want to apply the following adjustments..

1. adjust the levels (not auto levels) but use specific values that are the same for all images.
2. apply the match image filter with some specific settings....again, the same settings for all images.
3. save the adjusted images as jpeg's at full quality.

any ideas... i am thinking something with scripts/automate, but not sure... could not figure it out.

thanks,
tom

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: applying same adjustments to 100+ images
on Jul 10, 2008 at 3:13:27 pm

You should be able to use the batch function. Just set up an action and then batch it.

Jeff
http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Brendan Coots
Re: applying same adjustments to 100+ images
on Jul 17, 2008 at 8:48:43 am

One of Photoshop's palettes is the "Actions" palette. This lets you record a series of steps that you apply to an image, and then apply those steps to any other image you want. The process is roughy as follows:

1. open the Actions window

2. create a new action and name it

3. Open one of your images. Press the record button on your new action and apply the effects etc. to your open image that you want it to apply to the other images. This is not timed or anything so don't worry about moving quickly. Bear in mind that things like saving the file and closing it after changes are made can also be recorded. If you plan to apply this action to 100 files, this is very important since you probably don't want 100 fies open in Photoshop that you then have to save and close. You probably don't even have the RAM to allow having that many images open at once.

4. Press the stop button on the action palette. At this point your action is done and ready to use.

Under the main photoshop menu there is an option to apply actions as a batch operation. You can also create a "droplet" of the action. This makes an .exe file (if you are on windows) on your desktop or wherever you choose that you can then drag files onto and the action will be automatically performed to them.

Sorry if some of these steps are mislabeled or not perfectly clear, I am not sitting in front of photoshop right now!

Brendan Coots

Splitvision Digital

http://www.splitvisiondigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]