FORUMS: list search recent posts

droplets not working

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Gibson
droplets not working
on Jun 19, 2008 at 7:56:27 am

I have set up some basic actions to crop at different sizes and save for web but am having problems saving them as droplets. Some of the actions have saved successfully and others that appear to be identical (except for a different crop aspect ratio setting) will not save properly. The droplet created has a no entry sign through it and can not be used. Finder also seems to think it's a Classic Application.

Any thoughts on where I"m going wrong?

Thanks,
Jesse.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: droplets not working
on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:01:21 pm

Select your droplet and do a Command I. Under general open in classic environment shoudl not be checked.

Also try running: applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and fix permissions.

Does your droplet run fine as an action, and under file >> automation>> batch?

Return to posts index

Jesse Gibson
on Jun 23, 2008 at 3:10:07 am

Thanks Mike.

When I get info on the droplet it indicates it is a Classic application and I see no check box to deselect regarding opening in classic environment.

Fixed permissions with no success.

The action works directly and from batch. As a test, I tried creating a droplet with an action for which I already successfully created a droplet and I got the same error. Photoshop seems to be unstable opening on my system and often crashes the first time before booting problem. I can't work out where the error is occurring.

Any other thoughts?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Jun 23, 2008 at 2:04:27 pm

What Mac OS version are you using? I am on 10.4.8 and doing an info on the droplet in the general section underneath color labels is a checkbox option for "Open in Classic environment". That option only comes up on droplets (probably siince they have no file extension). I do not get an open with (where you choose the application) on the droplet, how about you?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]