FORUMS: list search recent posts

Block Lettering in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Robinson
Block Lettering in Photoshop
on May 22, 2008 at 6:44:30 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to create block stlyed text? I know i could just copy over and over and just shift each one down and to the right or left but I was hoping there is a more efficient way of doing this.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Block Lettering in Photoshop
on May 25, 2008 at 4:38:20 pm

Maybe try to apply Layer/Layer Style/Stroke to your live text. Or Layer/Layer Style/Drop Shadow with the Size set to zero.

Vince

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Del Holford
on May 28, 2008 at 4:28:47 pm

If you mean 3D block text get Scott Selby's tips & tricks book. It has a very quick and easy tutorial for this. It came with version 6 or 7 upgrade I think.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Jun 7, 2008 at 5:35:33 pm

I have the perfect solution for you. Hopefully you are not afraid of the using the mighty appearance palette. With your type selected choose EFFECT >> DISTORT & TRANSFORM >> TRANSFORM. Click preview. The set a distance (Eg: 1pt, -1pt) and copies (eg: 10).

Zoom in and you will see the stairstepping on the angled extrusion created, that is easily fixed, by changing your step and repeat to .01 pt and copies to 1000.

Now if you want to the top copy to have a different colored fill do it like this.
1 Change your fill and stroke to none in your tools palette(so that no color is assigned at character level).
2 In your appreance palette flyout choose add new stroke(to assign at the type level).
3 In the appearance palette change your color (eg: fill red, stroke black)
4 Then drag transform and drop it under the strok so that only the troke is ste[ and repeted by transform.

You could skip #2, btu it is good practice as this is a main resaon people struggle with the appearance pallete and not noticing whether appearance attributes are set at the character, type, group, mask. layer etc level.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]