FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tablets

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam hedley
Tablets
on May 22, 2008 at 11:36:26 am

Ok, I use PS a lot in my spare time doing all sorts or odd things, mostly photo editing. Is it worth gettin a tablet esp as im usning a macbook so will need to cart that around with it, do they make things much easier? what other benifits to they provide?
I have seen some wireless ones for £20. Whats the difference between the cheap ones and the ones over £500?

thanks

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Tablets
on May 25, 2008 at 4:27:38 pm

IMHO, they're a great tool. As long as it's pressure sensitive it should be good. Using a tablet is the best way to paint in Photoshop as it allows you make very realistic brush strokes.
Some tablets are simply pressure-sensitive, some will sense brush angles.
A pressure sensitive tablet is arguably a must-have tool, it unlocks a good part of Photoshop's power.
Some people use a tablet exclusively, and do not use a mouse, in all apps and OS usage.

Vince

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Tablets
on Jun 7, 2008 at 5:42:16 pm

The level of sensitivity of the pen and the physcial size fo the tablet are what drive the cost up. In most case yu do not notice the pressure sensitivity difference between for example the Intuos and other tabelets, until you are doing some light handed retouching and set your flow to 1%.

I really dont like the superhuge tablet, as they take so long to navigate on the entire screen,( though you could change that with the software, if you have the time). I find a tablet slightly larger than your mouspad is the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]