FORUMS: list search recent posts

OSX Security Update Killed My Photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Cronan
OSX Security Update Killed My Photoshop?
on Mar 22, 2008 at 4:51:09 pm

I am running a Mac Pro Dual Dual-Core 2.66Mhz 8GB RAM OSX 10.4.11 and using the Master Collection CS3 with Photoshop Extended...

Everything has been fine and running great until yesterday. I had been using photoshop quite a bit the day and night leading up to this, but then yesterday I downloaded some updates including an itunes update and a security update.

I obviously had to shut everything down to do the updates and when I came back up everything seemed fine until I opened Photoshop.

i have determined that I am able to open files, but it takes close to half an hour for the file to actually open. And at first I thought maybe my file was just too big but I have tried it with other simple .jpgs and .tiffs and even they are taking close to thirty minutes to open.

Photoshop just sits and sits with the spinning wheel so long that at first I thought it was just freezing up entirely. Then I let it sit and forgot about it and found that it was stsill opening files.

Saving has the same effect. Once asked to save, the program seems to lock up, but if I wait long enough it will save the file eventually.

I was able to get photoshop to open an image using the merge HDR function just fine... but then it froze for half and hour when i chose to save it.

I have a project I am working on and I can't afford to wait thirty minutes each time I want to open or save a project or file.

I have already dumped my preferences for PS CS3 to no avail.

Please help.

- Scott

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: OSX Security Update Killed My Photoshop?
on Mar 22, 2008 at 8:09:02 pm

Well, I'm going to suggest the usual catch all solutions that (probably) won't work. Get info on Photoshop and make sure it isn't trying to open using Rosetta (there's a check box). Use Disk Utility to repair privileges... and that's about all I can come up with =/

I've run all the same updates and my installation of Photoshop CS3 Extended has shown no change in behavior, is there nothing else that changed?

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

Scott Cronan
Re: OSX Security Update Killed My Photoshop?
on Mar 22, 2008 at 8:59:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Rosetta box was not checked in info, so then I repaired disk permissions on my OS drive and wallah!!

I can open and save my PS files again! Everything seems to be working right now. Gonna do a re-start and verify that there are no probelms, but the initial assessment is that you helped me fix my problem.

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]