FORUMS: list search recent posts

URGENT

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Goldschmidt
URGENT
on Mar 15, 2008 at 4:22:18 pm

Guys i need help asap for a client. I made a design in AI. Text shapes etc. But they also want to include pictures in the file. They are good size 240 dpi etc. But for some reason when i make adjustments in Photoshop and bring them into AI the resolution is all screwed up. The pictures come out blurry etc. How can I keep the dpi at 240 and shrink the image to the size I need. Thanks so much for your help.

dg

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
Re: URGENT
on Mar 15, 2008 at 6:06:50 pm

OK i figured something out. But someone please shed light on the issue. What i did was exported a TIF of my artwork from AI at 400DPI.

i opened the Tif in PS. I imported the pictures into this psd file and alls i had to do was rescale the images and BAM. HIGH QUALITY PRINTS. This is ok but i dont understand a few things

Is there a way for me to get good photos in AI?
In a magazine that has vector and photos how do professionals handle this type of problem. I want to get High Quality Vector and High quality pictures?

If you need more info as to what i am looking for let me know.

dg

http://www.overflowuk.com

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Mar 15, 2008 at 7:42:18 pm

There are a multitude of reasons why this may have not worked for you, and don't have enough from your post to trace the exact reason. Possibly you may have been printing to a nonpostscript printer or used a file format different than tif, which utilizes a proxy preview.

Best leave this work to the professionals, there is an abundance of people whom can do this for you correctly.

Return to posts index

David Goldschmidt
on Mar 15, 2008 at 10:16:29 pm

Sorry about that maybe i can give some more info.

I have a Canon ip4500. Nothing special. I am getting my blurred pictures when I Save As a PDF file or an AI file.

My last option that worked was when i took my layout exported that out of AI. TIF format. I imported the TIF into PS where i then added my pics. This option worked best.

What other info do you need to be able to answer the question best. I really do want to understand the AI to PS relation to artwork and pictures

http://www.overflowuk.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]