FORUMS: list search recent posts

photoshop to Final Cut Pro problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Cooper
photoshop to Final Cut Pro problems
on Mar 9, 2008 at 5:03:44 pm

HI there,

I am creating broadcast graphics in Photoshop on a PC to be imported into Final Cut Pro on a Mac. I have various exports and pixel aspect ratios but the file always look squished in Final Cut.

Case example: My file is 720 x 480, 72 DPI, NTSC Widescreen, Pixel Aspect 1:2

The file is saved as a PSD. When it is imported into Final Cut Pro (its aspect is 4:3) it looks squished vertically (circles look like ovals) no matter what I try.

I have attempted to export the file with no aspect ratio (square pixels) and it still has the same effect. Ideally, I should be able to export the file from Photoshop and import it without have to hand-transform the image to fit in Final Cut.

Any suggestions? We're under a tight deadline, so any input is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: photoshop to Final Cut Pro problems
on Mar 10, 2008 at 1:33:31 pm

Make sure your PS document is using the PAR setting

Make sure FCP is set to right sequence settings

Avoid using layerd PSDs in FCP

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Joshua Taback
Re: photoshop to Final Cut Pro problems
on Sep 14, 2009 at 3:09:10 am

Hello,

I have been having similar problems. I am using jpegs exported from PS. I can not find a proper setting without having the picture squashed for the the way it looks in the preview window. It looks correct in the preview window when the "correct for aspect ratio" is checked.

I am not familiar with the PAR setting in Photoshop and have not figured out how to do it yet.

Thank you.
--Josh

Yoshes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]