FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plug-in for building a patchwork imitation of an image through overlapping small sprites?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Øverbye
Plug-in for building a patchwork imitation of an image through overlapping small sprites?
on Mar 3, 2008 at 8:44:10 pm

I'm looking for a plugin that can imitate an image by placing several smaller "building block" images on top of each other to recreate the original image.

Say you have an image of a face for instance, and the "building block image" is a car, this plugin would make an image that looked like the original from a distance, but up close you would see that it's actually a bunch of small cars on top of each other, colored and positioned strategically to recreate the face.

Anyone know of such a plugin or anything similar?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Plug-in for building a patchwork imitation of an image through overlapping small sprites?
on Mar 7, 2008 at 6:41:40 pm

The magic word you are looking for is mosaic. You can do a google search and see the different programs which come up. There is one that I uses and believe it was called mosaic magic. Do a search on the Phothshop cow, as I have posted a safe link to this in the past.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]