FORUMS: list search recent posts

ran out of vitural memory error

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jon kopp
ran out of vitural memory error
on Feb 28, 2008 at 6:55:25 am

VersionCueUW.DLL Error

The application ran out of virtual memory. Please close some windows to free up memory.

I have a new quad 2.4 with 4gb 677mhz memory. 256mb HD 2600 XT graphics card and secondary 500gb HD used as photoshops scratch disk.

I currently have my pagefile disabled.

Why am i getting this error? I am trying to edit 75mb+ files. enlarging with Geniune Fractuals PrintPro plugin.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: ran out of vitural memory error
on Feb 28, 2008 at 8:49:35 pm

Sounds like the versionque.dll is reacting funny to Gen fractals.

edit >> Preferences >> file handling >> Disable version que

Also see if there is an update to Genuine Fractals.

Let us know how your results with gen fractals is. I did some testing awhile back, and found virtiually no significant improvement over photoshop bicubic interpolation & median. Did not do many 75mb file mostly 50k to 5mb. Alienskin has a new product out since then, have not tried that.

Return to posts index

jon kopp
on Feb 28, 2008 at 11:19:05 pm

What is bicubic interpolation & median? Is that photoshops own way of doing what fractuals does? I'd prefer not to use a plugin if i dont have to!!

thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Feb 29, 2008 at 3:06:29 am

You see bicubic interpolation in the image size palette, and yes that is photoshop default method for resizing images. Median is a blur filter which with a little touch gives you similar results to what the Gen Fractals or extensis Pixselcale do.

You might have noticed that on the box for either of the software, they don't have any results comparing to photoshop. I really think these softwares are just a placebo, and I printed comparison images in my book "photoshop for digital video".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]