FORUMS: list search recent posts

stop on last frame of animation

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Waitrovich
stop on last frame of animation
on Feb 6, 2008 at 3:35:01 pm

I've created an animated gif that builds up a graph using the animation pallet (CS3) and layers. I want to put the gif in powerpoint and have it play once and stop, showing the last frame of the animation with the complete graph. Instead, it plays once and goes back to the first frame, showing the empty graph.

How do I make it stop on the last frame and not loop back to the beginning? I did try extending the timing on the last frame to the maximum, but didn't like the effect because the graphic looks a little fuzzy while the animation is playing. I just want it to stop on the last frame instead of the first.

thanks much,
Mary Waitrovich
UW-Madison

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: stop on last frame of animation
on Feb 6, 2008 at 6:45:33 pm

What are your loop settings set to? Setting to once should work for what you want. Does the file you created play correctly in Photoshop or your web browser?

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Mary Waitrovich
on Feb 6, 2008 at 7:22:02 pm

Thanks, Mike. This must be a PowerPoint issue because when I checked, the gif file I created in Photoshop did play correctly in a browser. It played once and stopped on the last frame. I'm in the latest version of Ppt on a mac and it doesn't play correctly. Microsoft seems to not like macs much. I have a PC too, so I'll try rebuilding the presentation there and see if it work.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mary Waitrovich
on Feb 6, 2008 at 8:19:32 pm

Amazing, but the only way I could get this to work:
Make my animated gifs in photoshop on the mac.
import them into Powerpoint on a PC.
Transfer the finished .ppt file back to the Mac.
That's the only way I could get the animated gifs to play correctly in powerpoint on the mac (which is the required delivery machine).
thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]