FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop brushes like Painter Garden Hose

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Thayer
Photoshop brushes like Painter Garden Hose
on Feb 1, 2008 at 4:37:10 pm

Back in the day Painter (The Program) used to have a feature they called Garden Hose or Nozzles..I can't remember which. It used selectable sets of images in random orders to paint with. It was great for effects like creating bushes and rock surfaces etc.

I'm working on an illustration of a ski trail map and if you've ever seen one of these they are loaded with lots of little trees along the mountain slope.

What I was hoping to do it find a way to create the "Painter Nozzles" effect but in photoshop. Is there any way to have a group of trees as brushes or patterns that are random in height and size and spread as you paint with them? I tried creating a brush in PS CS3 but its monochrome and when painting with it I go a long series of blurred tree shapes that looked more like a pine tree in motion than a group of pine trees.

This is a good example of what I'm after:

It will be printed on a larger scale so yes detail will be more important than a hand held trail map.

Any help much appreciated..

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Photoshop brushes like Painter Garden Hose
on Feb 1, 2008 at 9:36:10 pm

Photoshop only supports monochrome brush tips. You might be able to do some of what you need using the Pattern Stamp brush with Aligned disabled if you create a series of patterns of the trees.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved