FORUMS: list search recent posts

metadata and jpeg vs tiff

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matthew rivlin
metadata and jpeg vs tiff
on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:24:08 pm

First I'll start with my main objective, then ask a few questions.

My goal is to rename (doing within bridge>rename) all 15,000 of my images, tag and edit the metadata (doing within Bridge>IPTC Core) and finally add them to Flickr and my Aperture Library.

In doing so I have come across a few issues. First I renamed and all went well, however when editing the IPTC core it keeps the metadata edited, but upon uploading to Flickr or even iPhoto, that info is lost. If I use the image processor on that file then I get the desired effect. My first question is, is there a way to keep the tag/IPTC info kept in the image without having to send each image through the image processor?

My other issue is if I DO have to send every image through the image processor, jpeg vs. tiff. I know tiff in the long run is the way to go, however in my example I took a 2mb file and when I converted to tiff and it became 11mb (6mb with the LZW compression). Thats huge on a 15,000 picture collection! Even by converting to jpeg with the IPTC core built it in became 2.6 mb. What are your suggestions. Space wise I can not afford to do TIFF. Is .6mb per jpeg worth it? Is there a better way?

Thanks in advance, and also how long do you think a core2duo machine will take to process 15,000 pics!!!!

matthew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]