FORUMS: list search recent posts

White Fringeing

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Dupsta
White Fringeing
on Jan 23, 2008 at 11:13:13 pm

When I save out a layer from CS3 Photoshop as a tiff, with an ebedded alpha, The saved out layers all have frindges around them when comped in Nuke. I need to save out a layer from PS with an alpha. I need that alpha without a white halo.

Return to posts index

Jason Milligan
Re: White Fringeing
on Jan 24, 2008 at 7:38:03 pm

I am AE guy and haven't used Nuke, but I assume it gives you options for interpreting your footage. In AE, changing that interpretation to "premultiply" matted with white would probably solve that problem. I would imagine there is a similar option in Nuke, although it may be worded differently.

Return to posts index

Anthony Dupsta
on Jan 24, 2008 at 11:07:00 pm

Humm, I work mainly in AE, so this was the first thing I suggested to our NUKE guy. Although IT can be fixed in AE or even fixed in NUKE. I want to fix it before it leaves PS. I don't want to have fix the alpha in th ecomposite. I want PS to give me a cleaner alpha edge. No massive halo

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Jan 25, 2008 at 1:02:30 am

If you go through Export/Render Video you have the option to set Alpha premultiplication. Just render frame 0 to 0. Note file format must support transparency, and settings need to be million plus colors for some formats to get Alpha options. For Targa use the QuickTime Image Sequence choice unless you have the old Photoshop 7 targa plugin.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]