FORUMS: list search recent posts

extended plugins for google 3d warehouse

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edward Nahapetian
extended plugins for google 3d warehouse
on Jan 15, 2008 at 1:38:46 am

Hello, I need help with this, I download the plugin from adobe web site & instaled in correctly in my PS CS3 extended, when I open google 3D warehouse to get a model first of all very strange there is no to (get a model) button, secoundly when I try to use download button nothing happens, I mean it shows download processing but when its done there is nothing, no model or any thing else. you guys have any idea?
by the way I am running on Mac.
thank's Ed.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: extended plugins for google 3d warehouse
on Jan 15, 2008 at 7:44:34 pm

Are you using "Search Google for 3d model" from the File/Automate menu item? If you are downloading directly from Google 3d warehouse you would need to download a supported format and open it from Photoshhop

Return to posts index

Eric Mousel
on Feb 4, 2008 at 2:55:01 pm

Ekim,

I had this same exact problem (No "get model" button and no saved file after it supposedly "saved".) So here's what you'll need to do...

Go to this website: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse

Now you'll basically be looking at Google's 3D Warehouse site outside of Photoshop. Now all you have to do is navigate to the desired model, click the pull-down arrow on the "download model" button to reveal 3 options. The bottom option, to download a "collada" .zip file, is the one you want. Once downloaded, unzip and you'll get a folder with the name of your model. Inside it is another folder called models. Inside of it is a .dae file. This isn't the .kmz you were probably expecting but Photoshop seems to recognize it in a similar way and also lets you interact with it in the same way.

Hope this helps!

Eric Mousel
Creative Services Producer
ABC17/FOX38/MyZOU32/ABC StrmTrk 24/7

Return to posts index

Brad Bartkus
on Apr 3, 2008 at 5:17:47 pm

Go to File, then Automate, then Search Google for 3d model.
Find the model you want and click on download. It'll save it to your desktop and then open it automatically in Photoshop.
Once you have the model saved you can also bring it into another rgb Photoshop file by going up to Layer, then 3d layers, and then New Layer from 3d file.
A new layer will be created with your model on it. Then you go to your layers and double click on it to move it, spin it around, scale it, change the lighting, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]